Essiell Compli Limited is committed to providing you a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience
Using the Essiell Compli Limited Website
We have aimed to create sites that are available to everyone including those with sight, audio and motor impairment restrictions.
– We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read
– We have appropriate alt tags for images to convey information
– We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way
– We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information
– We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible, and provide equivalent text links that consist of images
Here are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
To enlarge text and images on the site on a PC:
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘+’ to enlarge
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘-‘ to reduce
- To reset hold down ‘Ctrl’ and press ‘0’
To enlarge text and images on the site on an Apple Macintosh computer:
- Hold the ‘Cmd’ (Apple) key instead of ‘Ctrl’
Browser accessibility options
Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen colour options:
The BBC also has information on how to customise your computer, and your browser, to make them more accessible in their ‘My web my way‘ section.
To change the size of the window of the site
– On the browser View menu select ‘Full screen’ or press ‘F11’
Where to start
Use the menu to get an overview of what’s on the site.
How the site is built for accessibility
We have designed and built the website to try and best meet WCAG AA standards, complying with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2. Whilst we would like to say this is categorically so it is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and cannot be tested automatically.
The site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control all of the presentation and layout. Tables are used only to present data.